Salary: £21,000 – £24, 500 (including London weighting). £23, 500 upon successful completion of 3-month probationary period, reaching £24,500 after 2 years (performance based).
Hours: Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
Perks: 28 days annual leave plus university closure days, interest free travel card loan, pension and more.
This position is based at 32-38 Wells Street, London, W1T 3UW but it will involve regular travel – including meetings and work at other campuses.
Responsible to: Communications Manager
Responsible for: Student Graphic Design Assistants
Purpose of Job: To coordinate design work of the organisation, support staff and departments and help teams prepare projects and campaigns.
– Champion the visual identity of UWSU
– Meet the design needs of the organisation
– Supporting and developing student involvement in communications
– Coordinating the production of all UWSU’s digital materials
– Managing and monitoring the communications teams budgets
Duties and Responsibilities
Champion the visual identity of UWSU
– Monitor how our brand is used by all stakeholders
– Deliver training to the staff team and student volunteers in how to use the brand
– Meeting the design needs of the organization
– To co-ordinate all of the design work of the organisation, including briefing, obtaining quotes, timeframes and production
– To ensure all staff are supported with design for reports and presentations to ensure they are on brand and in line with our values
– To support staff, officers and student volunteers prepare briefs for their campaigns and events
– Support staff, officers and student volunteers ensure they maximise potential exposure opportunities and suggest new and innovative ideas for getting our messages out there outside of just posters and flyers
– Work with the Digital Communications Coordinator to ensure all our online materials are visually appealing and on brand
– To be the final approver with support of the Communications Manager of materials before they go to print, including checking for spelling and grammar issues as well as ensuring print quality is appropriate
– To manage a digital archive of all design materials
Supporting and developing student involvement in communications
– To be involved in recruiting, training and line managing promotion assistants
– To support and monitor the promotion assistants, giving those suitable tasks and constructive feedback.
Coordinating the production of our digital materials
– To proof and undertake pre-press checks on all digital materials
– To ensure our digital materials are produced cost efficiently by effective supplier management, to appropriate specifications
– To maintain an archive of digital materials
Managing and monitoring the communications teams budgets
– To support the communications manager produce a budget for the financial year
– To report and monitor expenditure
– To always seek best value for money on jobs for the whole organisation
– To support the commercial and activities teams in arrivals week including bag packing, set up and pack down of fairs, manning stalls, supervising student staff and volunteers.
– To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager
For further details about this job, person specification and for the application form please follow the link below: