Salary: £7.20/hour (plus annual leave allowance)
Hours: 10-20 hours per week
Term: Term-time contract until end of academic year (30th June 2017)
Key summary of the role:
The student designer will work alongside the Students’ Union Graphic Designer, the Communication Team and the wider students’ union staff team supporting them with creative content, design and delivery. The candidate will use their creative skills to create an aesthetic students’ union both online and offline ensuring brand identity is visible throughout.
• Conceptualize new marketing material
• Support the editorial, analytical, and managerial team with creative content
• Support print related tasks
• Design, produce and print marketing material
• Support the Digital Communications team with the look and feel of their communications channels including but not exclusive to the e-newsletters, website, facebook and Twitter
• Maintain brand consistency throughout your work
• Maintain the look and feel of the students’ union brand
• Offer new ideas and concepts clearly and effectively
• Support the communications team in developing distribution plans for printed materials and publications
• Provide student opinion and provide suggestions on how we could improve communication to the student population
• Must have knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite: Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
If you are up for the challenge then we would like to talk to you.
This post is based at 32-38 Wells Street, London, W1T 3UW but it will involve occasional travel – including meetings and work at other campuses, which would be refunded as expenses.
Line management details
Responsible to: Graphic Designer (Digital)
• Be meticulous when it comes to attention to detail
• Must have a strong interest in design trends
• Creative – must have artistic flair and have an eye for design
• Excellent verbal communication skills – has the ability to convey information verbally to fellow team members and students
• Stability under pressure – reacts well to change and stays positive despite setbacks
• Able to work as part of a team
• Able to adapt to the students’ union needs in the way we deliver our service
• Reliable and takes pride in the quality of their work
• Flexible – maintains effectiveness in a fast moving and/or changing environment and with varying tasks, responsibilities or people
• Self-motivated – must be able to work unsupervised
• Able to stick to deadlines
• Great problem solving is essential
Aptitudes and abilities
• Is self-motivated and able to work on own initiative, as well as under direction
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills to work effectively with contributors.
• Able to solve problems in a creative way
• Able to work accurately to briefs and deadlines
• Works well under pressure
• A good command of the English language with strong attention to detail.
Apologies, this job vacancy has now closed.