Salary: £22,500 rising to £24,500 based on performance (inc LW) benefits, including annualised leave
Hours: Full Time – The hours are annualised over our trading year based on 37.5 per week. The position allows for great flexibility during over summer, with work hours coinciding with demand.
Location: This position is based at the Harrow Campus but it will involve regular travel – including meetings and work at other campuses.
Responsible to: Commercial Manager
Purpose of Job:
To ensure effective management of the Harrow bar:
· Managing a good quality, cost effective bar service
· Supporting the students associations to provide events and entertainment
· Building relationships with the university to support their entertainment related courses
· Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation including: licensing act, health and safety , charity law and food hygiene regulations
· Effective management of monies, assets and budgets
· Report on the impact of the bar, evaluate and maximise this impact
Duties and Responsibilities
Managing a quality, cost effective bar service
· Adhere good practice and policy implemented by relevant legislative standards and the Commercial Manager.
· Liaise with the Commercial Manager re new products and promotions
· To plan and deliver quality and competitive catering need for Under Croft Bar
· To respond to hospitality request from other SU department
Ensuring complaint with all relevant legislation
· To ensure high levels of cleanliness throughout the bar, kitchen cellar and serving areas at all times.
· To ensure that all equipment is maintained in good working order and to conform to relevant Environmental Health Regulations.
· To keep the kitchen and food service areas in good order at all times to ensure food and hygiene conditions of the environment health officer are observed at all time
· To keep the bar in good order at all times and to ensure that the conditions of the Licensing authority are observed at all times
Effective management of monies, assets and budgets
· To control all monies, keep accurate records of daily takings, floats and banking and complete all paperwork as required by the Commercial Manager.
· To liaise with Commercial Manager to establish common pricing policy
· Be responsible for overseeing the emptying of Gaming machines and agreeing takings.
· Effective ordering and control of stock for the bar and catering.
· To be responsible for checking and receiving deliveries and processing documentation to the Commercial Manager.
· To undertake weekly stock checks.
· Liaise with the Commercial Manager to ensure that Purchase Orders concur with maintenance of agreed stock levels.
· To ensure that agreed budgetary limits and guidelines are adhered to, and to maintain all financial records and procedures, with a view to maximising profitability
Training and support
· Assist in recruitment and training of part time staff
· Produce effective staff rotas
· Be responsible for producing weekly time sheets for staff wages
· Be responsible for the health and safety issues of staff and patrons attending the bars and events
· Oversee, plan and co-ordinate entertainments for the student body, in conjunction and partnership with a student committee
· Enabling students to undertake enterprise opportunities
· Knowledge of sound systems, lighting & atmospheric effects equipment
· To work at other SU bars as directed by the Commercial Manager when necessary.
· Carry out any other duties requested by the CEO.
Please return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 12pm on 2 June 2017